Pumpkin isn't just for Thanksgiving anymore! This is an easy-to-prepare pumpkin recipe and it's like having a pumpkin pie without the crust. Get a big can of canned pumpkin - NOT the pie filling, which is already sweetened and spiced - and put this in a slow cooker. Let something else do all the work for you.
We used my 2-quart slow cooker and it rose up to the top but did not go over, but you can go as high as a 6-quart cooker. Make this recipe on a crisp fall day, when the leaves are falling and there's a chill in the air, for the ultimate aesthetic experience.
- Vegetable oil as needed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Nashville Spice Company Fine Sea Salt
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 12 oz can unsweetened evaporated milk
- 1 /4 cup Granulated Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Nashville Spice Company Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Lightly oil the inside of the slow cooker
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and Nashville Spice Company Fine Sea Salt.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly to combine
- Transfer mixture to the slow cooker
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, until set
- Pudding is set when the temperature at the center is 160°F.
- Serve warm with cinnamon ice cream, whipped topping or a sprinkle of powdered sugar and a drizzle of honey.