Our Nashville Spice Company Hill Country Chili Powder has deep, rich flavor, loaded with spicy, peppery heat without being overly hot, and it’s salt free.
Preparing this recipe in the slow cooker is a great way to have hot, cheesy goodness without spending all day in the kitchen. Serve straight from the slow cooker to keep the temperature warm.
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp canola oil
1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
14.5 oz can diced no-sodium tomatoes, drained
1 Tbs Nashville Spice Company Hill Country Chili Powder
8 oz Neufchâtel or low-fat cream cheese, cubed
6 oz can sliced black olives, drained
15 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tsp Nashville Spice Company Red Pepper Flakes
1 tsp Nashville Spice Company Cracked Black Pepper
- In a medium skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add ground beef (or turkey) to the pan and cook until meat is cooked through. Drain excess fat from the meat.
- Transfer meat to a 3-quart slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, cream cheese, olives, black beans, Nashville Spice Company Hill Country Chili Powder, Nashville Spice Company Red Pepper Flakes and Nashville Spice Company Cracked Black Pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with tortilla chips
Nutritional Information (per serving) | Calories 87 Total Fat 6g Saturated Fat 2.6g Sodium 121.1mg Total Carbohydrate 1.7g Dietary Fiber .5g Protein 6.4g