Prep Time: 10 min. • Cooking Time: 30 min. • Cuisine: American • Makes 6 servings
1 cup long grain rice
1 3/4 cup water
3 Tablespoons Nashville Spice Company Gullah Seasoning, divided
1 teaspoon Nashville Spice Company Course Sea Salt
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
4 slices thick cut bacon
½ medium white onion, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
2 andouille sausages, diced
8 ounces crabmeat
- Cook the rice in the water with 2 Tablespoons of Nashville Spice Company Gullah Seasoning and the Nashville Spice Company Course Sea Salt. As it’s cooking, start prepping and cooking the vegetables and sausage.
- Put vegetable oil in a medium-sized cast iron pan. Brown the bacon in vegetable oil; remove bacon when it’s fully cooked and set to the side.
- Using the same pan and oil, sauté onion, celery, and bell pepper until soft, but not brown.
- Add the remaining Gullah Seasoning and diced andouille sausage and cook until the andouille starts to brown.
- Stir in the cooked rice and half the crabmeat and cook for roughly 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring the rice occasionally. Remove from heat and top with remaining crab meat.