2 Cups 100% Cranberry Juice
12 ounces fresh cranberries
1 Nashville Spice Company Ceylon Cinnamon Stick
3 Tbsp. light brown sugar
3 Gala apples, peeled, cored and diced
2 tsp. Arrowroot Powder
1 tsp. Nashville Spice Company Dried Orange Peel
- In a medium saucepan, bring 8 oz of cranberries, cranberry juice, orange peel, cinnamon stick, and brown sugar to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add apples and cook for another 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Take a cup of the liquid from the saucepan, and pour it in a small bowl. Add 2 tsp Arrowroot powder and whisk thoroughly until there are no lumps.
- Slowly stir in the thickened liquid to the rest of the liquid. Add the remaining 4oz of cranberries and stir well. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick from sauce and pour into a serving bowl. Let cool 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe note: You can freeze any leftover cranberry sauce. To serve after frozen, just bring back to room temperature.