French Spiced Sea Salt
Season like the French. Spiced sea salt, sel epice, is a classic French ingredient for meats, poultry, meat pies, pate, and terrine. Sweet spices, a blend known as quatre-epices, combines naturally with sea salt, balancing the characteristics of each. Salt Traders has created a personal blend of spices and mixed in moist, crunchy sea salt. Scatter liberally over the French classics, but also try some new inspirations to add a little something special to everyday dishes.
For best flavor and potency when not using, keep tightly closed in a cool, dark cupboard away from direct heat or sunlight.
Some examples for using Spiced Sea Salt:
- Chicken-roasted, grilled, or pan-fried
- Pork, tenderloin or loin
- Grilled or roasted onions, carrots, mushrooms, cauliflower, or summer squashes
- Winter squashes or pumpkin, roasted or mashed
- Corn on or off the cob
- Egg dishes
- Rice dishes, especially pilaf
- Buttered egg noodles
- Caramel sauce or creme brulee
- Fruit Sauces or stewed dried fruit