Fall has officially arrived! We love this season because there are so many Nashville Spice Company spices and blends to choose from and of course, this is the time of year for our favorite comfort foods!
Toasty cinnamon, spicy clove, pungent ginger, pumpkin pie spice, anise — these are some of the fall spices that remind you of crisp days, rustling leaves, baked goods fresh from the oven and hearty soups and stews. What is your favorite fall spice? Stock your kitchen, let the fall baking and cooking season begin!
This month we are featuring our Nashville Spice Company Manzanillo Mexican Seasoning and sharing our most loved comfort food - Spicy Jack Mac and Cheese recipe with you.
Our featured product is a new Terrapin Ridge Farms flavor - Creamy Bacon Tomato Sauce. Served warm with your favorite comfort food dish, this will be your new go to tomato sauce.
NEW!! We are now open 7 days a week for the Fall!
Follow us daily on Facebook, Instagram and our own You Tube channel, watch and share our Friday videos! Remember you can shop online if you can't make it to Brown County! Thank you for being a loyal customer!
Thank you for being a loyal customer!
SPICE OF THE MONTH - MANZANILLO MEXICAN SEASONING
Our Nashville Spice Company Manzanillo Mexican Seasoning is earthy with a complex chile base that is savory and spicy, you'll also pick up a slight garlicky undertone with hints of onion. It is salt-free, hand blended with ancho, pasilla, black pepper, garlic, chipotle, onion, coriander, Mexican oregano and cumin.
We like to add this seasoning to everything – sprinkle it on your tacos, enchiladas, burritos, quesadillas and tostados. Don't limit this seasoning to your Mexican dishes, get creative and try a few dashes on your scrambled eggs, chili, fajitas (beef or chicken), burgers, mac and cheese, omelets, rice, shrimp, soups and stews as well. Did we mention beans and rice?
Our Nashville Spice Company Manzanillo Mexican Seasoning also makes an excellent Mexican dry rub for all kinds of meat and seafood. For chicken, add 1 tablespoon of seasoning per pound of meat, spreading and patting the mixture evenly on both sides of the meat.
Put the chicken in a large resealable bag and place in the refrigerator for at least 2-12 hours to marry with the seasoning. Remove the chicken from the fridge and allow it to warm to room temperature before cooking on the hot grill or roasting in the oven.
RECIPE OF THE MONTH - SPICY JACK MAC AND CHEESE
When you think about comfort food, macaroni and cheese is most likely high on your list - it is definitely on ours. This is a great dish that can be made from scratch relatively easily and with some minor tweaks it can also become a more healthy recipe.
You'll love this spicy, flavorful macaroni and cheese as it's versatile dish by itself, or as a side dish or you can top with some grilled chicken or shrimp and make a meal out of it!
- 8 ounces whole wheat or multigrain elbow macaroni
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon Nashville Spice Company Manzanillo Mexican Seasoning
- 1 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 8 ounces reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Nashville Spice Company Tomato Flakes or 1 small tomato, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons whole wheat bread crumbs or Panko
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly coat a casserole dish or baking pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Prepare macaroni per package instructions until just firm or al dente. Drain pasta and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add onions and bell pepper and stir until vegetables begin to soften
- Add Nashville Spice Company Manzanillo Mexican Seasoning and stir to combine
- Whisk in the flour until it is completely incorporated, about 20-30 seconds
- Add milk and cook until thickened and starting to bubble
- Reduce the heat and add the cheese, stirring constantly until cheese melted and sauce has thickened.
- Add pasta and Nashville Spice Company Tomato Flakes, stir to combine, making sure that all pasta is coated with the cheese sauce
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan, sprinkle with bread crumbs and lightly spray the top of the dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until crumbs turn a golden brown
FEATURED PRODUCT - CREAMY BACON TOMATO SAUCE
Creamy Tomato Bacon Sauce - Sweet ripe tomatoes, real bacon and a touch of cream bring to mind Italian comfort food. This Terrapin Ridge Farms tomato sauce is best served warm as a tapenade for breads or pitas. Great topping for baked portabella mushrooms. Combine with sweet Italian sausage and fettucine for a quick and tasty meal.
Keto Friendly. Low Sugar. Low Carb. 0 Added Sugar.
Simple Ingredients * Intense Flavors
– Warm and serve over salmon
– Serve over pasta
– Add to your favorite chicken dish
– Cook with eggs and sausage
Located on Robert "Buck" Stogsdill Way, directly across the alley from the Courthouse