THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUING SUPPORT!
Due to concerns from our employees and our respect for their concerns we have decided to reopen our storefronts on Friday, May 22. This will be just in time Nashville Spice Company's 3 Year Anniversary! Until we can see you again in person, we have 2 shopping options for you...
- Shop Online, use code FREESHIP to receive free shipping on all orders.
- Storefront Pickup - We will be offering non-contact pick-up at our Nashville Spice Company store front. Order online, enter code PICKUP. We will contact you to arrange a date/time to pick up your purchases.
We sincerely appreciate your continued patronage and support during these uncertain times. Thank you from the entire staff at the Nashville Spice Company! We look forward to seeing you soon!
NASHVILLE SPICE COMPANY
Welcome to Spring! Our Nashville Spice Company Spice of the Month is Espresso Rub - we love using this spice on beef and chicken, it has a little kick to it and is great for grilling.
Try our Recipe of the Month - Flat Iron Steak with Potatoes, Carrots and a homemade Parsley Pesto. Order these Nashville Spice Company rubs and spices to make this delicious dish: Salt, Pepper, Espresso Rub, Cumin, Coriander, and Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
We had just opened our sister store - NSC Home when the pandemic crisis began. We have been continuing to stock the store with some exciting new products including several exclusive lines you will only find at NSC Home.
We fell in love with Oliver Pluff & Company and are thrilled to announce that we have many of their products in the store. Oliver Pluff & Co. specializes in custom-packaged historical tea, toddy, wassail, coffee & cacao products.
SPICE OF THE MONTH - Espresso Rub
Our Nashville Spice Company Espresso Rub is hand blended from ancho chile powder, brown sugar, paprika, ground sumatra (fresh dark roasted coffee), sea salt, black pepper, yellow mustard, coriander, ginger, de arbol chile powder and Mexican oregano.
In our ongoing search for seasoning blends and dry spice rubs that are not your ordinary fare we came across this delicious Espresso rub. The deep richness of coffee combined with the brown sugar provides an ideal caramelized crust on your steak. This crust helps hold in the natural flavors and juices so that the steak doesn't dry out prematurely.
We love the savory taste sensation of this Mexican inspired rub. In addition to the unexpected flavor of coffee you get the fruity heat of the ancho, the sweetness of the brown sugar and for just a dash more heat we added some De Arbol Chile. We felt that this rub was further enhanced with just a bit of added salt.
RECIPE OF THE MONTH - Flat Iron Steak with Potatoes & Carrots
Flat Iron Steak and Carrots with Parsley Pesto
To cook this steak, we use a technique called blackening. This is a method of cooking meat where the steak is seared in a cast iron skillet at an extremely high temperature, so it can form a charred crust on the outside. When blackening something, you want to make sure the area for cooking is well-ventilated. This is a process that creates a lot of smoke, but also produces some incredibly delicious results so the possibility of bringing the fire alarm to life is for sure worth it. If you are unsure of blackening or don’t have a well-ventilated kitchen, you can grill the steak instead.
Pick up a bag of organic rainbow carrots if you want to add some extra color to the dish. Orange carrots work fine, but the rainbow ones make it more colorful the carrots have more nutritional values. Wait until you smell the intoxicatingly delicious scent that the espresso rub throws off while the steak is blackening.
- 1 lb. Flat Iron steak
- 1/2 tsp Nashville Spice Company Salt
- 1/2 tsp Nashville Spice Company Pepper
- 1 tsp. Nashville Spice Company Espresso Rub
- 1 lb. Rainbow Carrots
- 1 lb. Yellow Potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Nashville Spice Company Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Nashville Spice Company Ground Coriander
- 1 cup Fresh Flat Leaf or Italian Parsley
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mint
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Nashville Spice Company Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp. ghee
- Season steak with Nashville Spice Company Salt, Pepper, and Espresso Rub.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Let steak stand at room temperature while oven is heating.
- Toss carrots and potatoes with 1 tsp. olive oil, Nashville Spice Company Cumin and Coriander. Spread onto a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes.
- To make the pesto, place parsley, mint, Nashville Spice Company Red Pepper Flakes, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat an 8-inch cast iron skillet to high. Add 1 tsp ghee, and 2 tsp olive oil to pan. Add steak to pan, and cook 3-5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
Reopen in our NEW LOCATION the end of January
227 South Van Buren Street, Coachlight SquareNashville, IN 47448