WELCOME TO OUR NEW LOCATION!
We have settled into our new location and continue to bring in new vendors and products. We highlight these products on our Facebook page, keeping checking it daily for updates and new products.
Our March Spice of the Month is Nashville Spice Company's Mojo Seasoning. Cuban cuisine is as varied as the origins of the country itself, where it has been influenced by African, Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese and Spanish cultures. Traditional Cuban dishes are made from readily available, inexpensive, simple ingredients and are usually prepared and spiced to make them more flavorful. Most Cuban cooking relies on the use of a few basic spices, such as bay leaves, cumin, garlic and oregano. Most of the food is cooked slowly over a low flame and you won’t find many dishes that are deep fried or covered with creamy or heavy sauces.
Try our Recipe of the Month Seafood Enchiladas using our Nashville Spice Company Mojo Seasoning and Black Pepper.
We are featuring several New Vendors and Products this month -
Wozz! Kitchen Creations - They hand craft award winning products including dressings, sauces, and fruit chutney.
Watcharee's Authentic Thai Sauces - Exquisite sauces ready to use in authentic Thai or fusion dishes.
Lane' BBQ - award-winning sauces from Bethlehem, GA
Thank you for your business, we hope you continue to follow us daily on Facebook, Instagram and our own You Tube channel for regular updates! Remember to watch and share our Friday videos! You can always shop online anytime!
We are excited to announce that our Grand Opening for our new HOME The Art of Living store will be Saturday, March 7 beginning at 10 am.
Located in our old spice store location across the street from the Brown County Courthouse, browse an array of beautiful items for your home and family.
Featuring some locally and regionally handmade items, and product lines for all ages. Don't miss this sneak peak of our newest store - HOME The Art of Living.
SPICE OF THE MONTH - Mojo Seasoning
Our Nashville Spice Company's Mojo Seasoning is the ultimate salt free Cuban spice blend! The dry seasoning is best used to season roasting chicken or pork. For more juicy meat, add some beer and/or orange juice to the roasting pan. Cover and roast until the meat is done, it will be loaded with flavor!
You can also use our Nashville Spice Company Mojo Seasoning on grilled seafood, grilled chicken, boiled yucca and fried green plantain chips.
Hand blended with a fragrant combination of garlic, cumin, black pepper, orange and lime.
Often referred to as "Spanish Barbecue Sauce", use our Nashville Spice Company Mojo Seasoning to make your own Cuban Mojo dip, sauce or marinate for chicken, fish or pork. Simply mix 3 tablespoons of Nashville Spice Company Mojo Seasoning with the juice of 3 limes (about 1/2 cup), 1 orange (approximately 1/2 cup) and ¼ cup of olive oil. Blend and serve.
RECIPE OF THE MONTH - Seafood Enchiladas
Enchiladas are a great comfort food that can be made in several different ways, with this recipe we made them a little healthier. Traditional Enchiladas are made with chicken and loads of cheese, but we decided to use shrimp and fish. Not only are shrimp and fish delicious, they also have great health benefits.
We used our Nashville Spice Kitchen Mojo Seasoning to make these seriously tempting Seafood Enchiladas. It gave the fish a bright and citrusy flavor profile that was the perfect start to spring. Our Nashville Spice Company Mojo Seasoning is hand blended with garlic, black pepper, lime, orange, cumin and onion.
- 1 lb. uncooked, frozen medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 8 oz. frozen halibut or cod
- 1 Tbsp. Nashville Spice Company Mojo Seasoning
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 6 oz. bag baby spinach
- 2 tsps. canola oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 oz. Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. fat free sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Nashville Spice Company Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Nashville Spice Company Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 cup fat free or 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw shrimp and halibut, rinse and pat dry.
- Spray a 3 qt. rectangular baking dish with spray and set aside.
- Chop shrimp and halibut into small pieces, set aside.
- In a large, nonstick skillet heat oil to medium high heat.
- Add bell pepper, poblanos and onions, cook 8-10 minutes until softened
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add seafood, Nashville Spice Company Mojo Seasoning and lemon juice, cook 3-4 minutes until shrimp turns opaque and fish is cooked through.
- Add spinach in handfuls, letting each handful wilt slightly before adding the next. Continue cooking until all spinach has been added and is wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove seafood from the heat and prepare tortillas and sauce.
- Stack the tortillas and wrap in foil. Put them in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes until they are warm and pliable. Remove from oven, but keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, flour, milk, salt and pepper.
- Beat with a mixer or wooden spoon until well combined and the mixture is creamy.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture to the seafood/spinach mixture and stir to combine.
- Working with 1 tortilla at a time, spoon equal amounts of the seafood mixture into a tortilla.
- Gently roll the tortilla and place seam side down in the baking dish. Continue until all of the tortillas are filled.
- Pour the remaining cream cheese mixture over the tortillas, making sure to cover the tortilla edges.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for about 35 minutes or until heated all the way through.
- Remove from oven, remove foil and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
FEATURED PRODUCTS - Wozz!, Lane's BBQ, Terrapin Ridge Farms Kitchen, Watcharee's Thai Sauces
With the expansion of our new location, it allows us to carry a larger selection of products and vendors.
One of your favorite vendors - Terrapin Ridge Farms just released some amazing new flavors. Apple & Horseradish Jam | Ginger Wasabi Sauce | Raspberry Wasabi Mustard | Amber Ale Pineapple Jalapeno Jam and Onion Blossom Horseradish Dip
WOZZ! is one of our new vendors and we are excited about their newest products - Cambodian Coconut Peanut Savory Sauce | Japanese Seasme Miso Dressing | Balsamic Fig Mostarda Savory Spread | Sticky Date Candied Orange Fruit Chutney and Super HOT Chili Sambal Hot Sauce
LANE'S BBQ | Try these 5 mouthwatering flavors with a southern BBQ flair - "Sorta White" | "Southbound" | "Kinda Sweet" | "Lil Spicy" | "Itsa Vinegar"
WATCHAREE'S AUTHENTIC THAI SAUCES | 5 flavors handcrafted from premium quality traditional Thai ingredients. Created by Watcharee Limanon, a Thai culinary artist trained in Bangkok - Pad Thai Sauce | Thai Green Curry Sauce | Thai Yellow Curry Sauce | Thai Massaman Curry Sauce | Thai Peanut Sauce
227 South Van Buren Street, Coachlight SquareNashville, IN 47448