WELCOME TO OUR NEW LOCATION!
We opened our new store on Saturday, January 25th and we were overwhelmed with the support and seeing everyone! We greeted long-standing customers and met new customers!
We want to give out a heartfelt Thank You! to all of you that came to visit. We are blessed and thankful. From all of us here at the Nashville Spice Company - Thank You!
It was an incredible day and weekend, we look forward to introducing you to many new products throughout the year and to your visit to our new store.
Opening a New Store! Now that we have completed our move, we are beginning to transform our previous location into our new endeavor "HOME" The Art of Living. Watch for regular updates and our announcement for our Grand Opening Celebration.
Our February Spice of the Month is Nashville Spice Company Smoked Tea Rub. Tea and spices? We’ve been looking for ways to incorporate tea into some of our recipes and blends. Certainly tea flavored food is not unheard of - we’ve come across a tea smoked duck, green tea ice cream and in Beijing there’s a restaurant called Green Tea that has a well earned reputation for their signature dish Tea Roasted Pork Belly. They routinely have a line of customers to get into the restaurant and the waiting listing is often several hours long. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Try our Recipe of the Month Stuffed Pork Loin using our Nashville Spice Company Smoked Tea Rub.
Our featured product is a new vendor - Wozz! Kitchen Creations. Warrick, whose his friends call Wozz and his wife Ashley (Tommo) started Wozz! Kitchen Creations in Australia's Hunter Valley wine region, December 2010. They hand craft award winning products including dressings, sauces, and fruit chutney.
Thank you for your business, we hope you continue to follow us daily on Facebook, Instagram and our own You Tube channel for regular updates! Remember to watch and share our Friday videos! You can always shop online anytime!
SPICE OF THE MONTH - Smoked Tea Rub
Tea when added to a seasoning rub provides an aromatic flavor to a wide range of dishes.
Our Nashville Spice Company Smoked Tea Rub has a rich deep sweetness with strong but not overpowering smokiness and subtle herby notes. The rub is hand blended from granulated molasses, sea salt, Lapsang Souchong tea, demerara sugar, sesame seeds, paprika, garlic, black pepper, fennel, rosemary and marjoram.
The tea we chose for this rub is Lapsang Souchong. This brash, aromatic, strongly flavored black tea gets its character from real smoke. While most teas go through a natural drying process (i.e. laid out to air dry), Lapsang Souchong is essentially force dried by wood fire.
During this “campfire” process the leaves are withered over pine wood or sometimes cypress wood before pan-firing and rolling. The tea leaves are then expertly stored to allow them to ferment. After fermentation they are fired again. The result is smokier than woody.
We originally created this rub to use on a roasted pork loin but have since used it on oven cooked ribs, chicken, seafood, steak and vegetables.
RECIPE OF THE MONTH - Stuffed Pork Loin Roast
Stuffed Pork Loin
We chose a loin roast that was cut, and the bone removed. If the roast is 'bone in' you can ask the butcher to remove it for you. A roast is typically 3-4 lbs. which will feed 12 people or provide you with a lot of leftovers. You could also use a 1-2 lb. tenderloin that is cut and rolled.
- 3-4 lbs. pork loin roast
- 3 tbsp. Nashville Spice Company Smoked Tea Rub
- 2 oz. Dried Porchini Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 oz. Brussel sprouts, sliced
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- In a bowl, add Dried Porchini Mushrooms and cover with warm water. Let mushrooms sit in the water for about 5 minutes or until they soften. Drain the mushrooms and save the soaking liquid.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium high.
- Add butter and stir to melt.
- Add onions and Brussel sprouts, reduce heat to medium and cook onions for 30-45 minutes, stirring often until vegetables are very soft and dark brown.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to the onions and stir to combine.
- Add the drained Porchini Mushrooms and continue cooking until mixture is heated through. Remove the mixture from the heat and allow to cool.
- Butterfly the pork roast and stuff using between 1/2 and 2/3 of the onion mixture. Reserve the remaining mixture to use in the gravy.
- Roll and tie the pork to prepare for roasting.
- Generously rub 3 tbsp. Nashville Spice Company Smoked Tea Rub all over the rolled meat, covering all exposed meat, including the ends.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Transfer prepared pork to a baking dish and roast uncovered for 1 1/2 - 2 hours until internal temperature of meat registers 165-170 degrees.
- Tent the roast with foil and cook an additional 15 minutes until internal temperature of meat registers 175-185 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes before slicing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1 cup of reserved mushroom liquid (add more water if you don't have 1 cup of liquid).
- Heat the onion mixture in a large pan on medium high and add drippings from the roasting pan.
- Add the mushroom broth and simmer about 5 minutes or until gravy starts to thicken and coats the back of a spoon.
- Slice pork and serve with gravy.
FEATURED PRODUCT - Wozz! Kitchen Creations
Wozz! Kitchen Creations....what started out as a small line of gourmet specialty condiments, some very, very home made labels, a market and a bit of fun, fast became an instant hit, leaving the creators a little gob smacked.
Wozz! has been recognized and awarded by the top organizations in the specialty food industry for outstanding excellence, quality and innovation. Products are judged on taste, appearance, ingredients and ethics.
Their award winning artisan sauces, salad dressings and savory marinades are not only the perfect salad drizzle but are designed to be used as a marinade, glaze, cooking sauce or dipping sauce for a variety dishes both hot and cold. They believe in creative versatility in the kitchen and design all of their products to be multipurpose and easy to use in a variety of recipes. With flavors influenced from around the globe, they hope to ignite your inner chef and elevate your everyday meals.
From chicken to noodles to burgers, couscous and seafood, their sauces will transform your meals in minutes! From Asian sauces to Moroccan dressings, they have a flavor for everyone. All of their dressings and sauces are handcrafted in small batches using healthy fresh all natural non-gmo ingredients. They source from local farms for in season ingredients, custom blend and grind their own spice mixes and to acidify their products they use only USA based Apple Cider Vinegar or 100% lemon juice (no concentrates!).
Handcrafted Dressings, Savory Sauces & Marinades. Designed to Dress, Dip, Marinade, Cook and Grill with!
Now Open in our NEW LOCATION
227 South Van Buren Street, Coachlight SquareNashville, IN 47448